Monday, December 6, 2010

Bill

There have been plenty of things to make me happy but todays is dedicated to my drive to campus. I HATE driving. It is by far one of my least favorite neccessities, however I did find happiness in it today. I must start this story by describing my car. My car's name is Bill named after Bill the Pony in Lord of the Rings. My last car was named Sam after Samwise Gamgee, because that was how my car was to me, a solid dependable steady friend. I could drive more comfortably knowing I was driving that car. Well I had to sell Sam and I bought Bill. The thought of Bill the Pony seems to come to mind. When you first meet Bill the pony there wasn't much to him and people had their doubts, but Samwise believed in the Bill and took care of him and he was a loyal good pony that did far better than others expected. Well that is like my car bill, there wasn't much to him, but with some tender patience he takes me where I need to be. Bill is a 94 Honda accord that squeaks. It makes me chuckle to think about this car. It has such potential as I drive to campus and turn the wheel or whatever bill just squeaks and who knows what other noises he makes, but he hasn't just fallen apart like you would think in the cartoons with the wheels sagging, the doors popping off, and everything just wheezing as it gives its last breath. Granted he did stop completely once and needed a tow. So my happy moment is dedicated to driving to campus listening to Chicago music knowing that my car has not cur plunked like a cartoon and has great personality. :)

1 comment:

  1. Go Bill! Go Erika!

    Way to find the good in the middle of the not-so-good. :)

    ReplyDelete