Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The broken road

There is a great country song that says God blessed the broken road that led me to you or something along those lines.  I feel that that is true in my life, but not in the sense of bringing me to someone at this time but rather to where I am today.

In my working career I have gone through a lot of jobs, largely due to the economy.  And let me tell you, regardless of the reasons I lost my jobs it was rough.  It was a broken road.  It led to feelings of inadequacy and self doubt.  Well today I am teaching and the combination of all those jobs have helped me become a better teacher.  I can teach based off of experience, and while my experience was "short" it was broad.  The broken road led me to here.  God prepares us for our destinations through "broken" paths.  We become broken that we can become strong and whole and far better.  I am who I am today because of the broken road I have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment