Monday, August 17, 2009

Slow Down

How often do we try to rush through this fast pace life. We may run to the store and buy a loaf of bread and eat it and not think twice. Today I had the opportunity to make wheat bread. I don't take enough advantage of the opportunity to make bread. It tastes so much better when we make it, it may be what it is in it, but it could also be the time and work and love that went into it that makes it so much better. It could be the sense of accomplishment. Some how it reminds me of the way I want my home to be like. The smell of bread in the oven and knowing I put forth the effort to do make it. It reminds me of provident living. Another moment that reminded me of just slowing down and enjoying this life was the sunset tonight. It was beautiful. As I sat here thinking about it, it reminded me of a time when I was living in Seattle and my best friend and I and her mother parked the car on the side of a hill and watched a beautiful sunset over Puget Sound. Just enjoying the beauty of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment