Monday, August 3, 2009

wisdom

Today was a good day, I finished a good book, quickly saw a friend, went grocery shopping, cooked and ate some of my favorite food. I saw a family riding bikes together and enjoyed talking on the phone in the nice summer evening weather. Each of these things did make me smile. There was something else that brought additional joy. I enjoy talking with those of older generations. They have so much wisdom and experience, so much I can learn, but in general I just enjoy talking with them and being around them. While I was in the checkout line I had the opportunity to talk to two older women, both of which were grandparents. One of these ladies said she would email me a recipe for making peach raspberry jam and the other we just talked about life and I really can't recall too much about what, but to be honest, I may not always remember what is said but it made me happy none the less to talk with wisdom. There are so many things that people in older generations have to offer (and younger generations as well). It makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment