Friday, May 31, 2013

Confession time

OK truth be told sometimes it is not easy for me to write this blog (as proven by my long periods of not writing it).  But I am trying to make a habit of writing it.  So if the words and thoughts come out weird, forgive me, but in reality it may not be the words I am writing that it is the point.  Nor is it the habit of writing in a blog as the point.  The point is I am striving to enjoy life.  I am striving to remember the good of my day. I am striving in my own way to keep an eye on the future and my heart in the present.  Frankly sometimes life can be boring, sad or hard, but if I put for the effort to look for even one small non-boring, non sad, smile each day than maybe in the end my days will be a little brighter, not that the day was any different than before but my attitude will be a little different.  This blog is about making the habit of remembering and enjoying the small things in life.  It seems that many of my blogs mention spending time with friends and doing the same thing - going out for froyo etc.  but is that a bad thing.  Does doing the same good thing over again make it any less of a smile?

So what is today's smile - I would say it was a small reminder that my old school car is really old school.  It was in that moment I remembered that manual locks and windows on cars were a thing from my "younger years."

No comments:

Post a Comment