Wednesday, June 12, 2013

10 years ago

If ten years ago you would look forward and say "this is where I want to be in ten years" would that truly be how your life is today?  Would it be more or less than what you are?  What are your dreams for today and how are they different from the dreams of 10 years ago?  Tonight I got to spend time with friends I haven't seen in 10 years.  We were college friends.  It was so delightful catching up and spending time with them.  So yes that is my happy moment for the day.  But it also leads me those deep am I who I wanted to be question and does that really matter, because who I wanted to be 20 years from then may not actually be who I want to be 10 years from now.   Who do I really want to be 10 years from now?  5 years from now? 1 year from now? 50 years from now? 24 hours from now?  The best I can, outside healthy, successful, happy, myself..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment