Monday, June 17, 2013

mmm smell good

I know I mentioned this before, but really can't the same thing make us happy over and over again and still be delightful.  I think my happy smile was the smell of the rain tonight and the smell of blossoming flowers as I jogged by.  The smell of rain is one of my favorite smells and those flowers were delightful.  (I should probably come up with another word too....)

I will make one confession, these enjoyments were almost fleeting.  I ran by and thought oh that smells good, but then found myself dwelling on other aspects of my run and life.  How often are our happy moments brief moments that we soon forget to other matters?  I don't know if my happy moments are necessarily rare moments, but maybe it is rare for me to recognize and acknowledge them.  Maybe they are the breath of fresh air rather than the constant air we breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment