Monday, June 24, 2013

Just a little bit more

One thought that goes through my head when I do some things is "I am not doing this to do the bare minimum."  This thought was a part of my PhD.  I wanted to make it something I can be proud of (though there are more focused efforts and less focused efforts at times).  Today's smile was the point that I pushed myself a little bit further with my running.  I came to a point in today's jog where I could have rested or pushed it a little bit and made it across the street in time.  I was tired at this point and did want to rest but I did not I chose to push it because I did not want to do the bare minimum.  Also when creating this route I could have chosen to turn right and make for a slightly shorter run, but again that defeated the purpose, I did not want to just do the bare minimum, I wanted to do a little bit more.  Yes it was a slow jog, no my body is not what it was 15 years ago, but yes I can still push myself a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment