Wednesday, June 26, 2013

TOP 10 smiles of the day

There are soooooooo many smiles today where shall I begin

1) A ferry ride:  I love the Northwest and the Puget Sound and what says the Puget Sound better than a ferry ride.  I enjoy the water, wind and the idea of the ferry.


2) OK silly I know but I still wish on stars, eyelashes and wishing rocks (don't ask me how seriously I do wish on them).  So today I found the perfect wishing rock.  I guess with wishing rocks you make a wish and toss it or something like that.  Maybe you are supposed to keep it.  All I remember is that a wishing rock is one with a ring that goes all the way around and you wish on it.  Do I believe that the rock will grant my wish, NO, but the bigger question is why not make a wish?

3) Whidbey Island - I spent most of my day on Whidbey Island.  It was so delightful and pretty.  I am not one to cry over pretty things, and so I really didn't cry but it was definitely an emotional moving beauty.  





4) Hiking/walking:  I LOVE to hike, especially in the Northwest.  We did not go far but it was beautiful.  I do enjoy the big scene and the little things.  I enjoy the beauty of the whole experience. I enjoy the exercise.  I enjoy the fresh air.  I enjoy the beauty of the BIG beauty around me and I enjoy the beauty of the small flower.  Here are some pictures of the BIG and little beauty around me.  













5) Unintentional beauty.  So I do enjoy photography.  I am not the best photographer and what you can do with a point and shoot is hardly photography, but while trying to take a picture of a rose I accidentally left my camera setting on panorama and got the pretty picture I wasn't expecting.  It actually may be my favorite picture from today and I really did not plan it this way.



6) CHEESE!!!!!  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE cheese.  I want to go to Europe one day and try different cheeses and bike.  Whidbey Island has a delightful little cheese store which definitely made me smile.  






7) Lighthouses - I love lighthouses.  I saw two today.  





8) Small improvements- I am terrified of heights.  The hike I went on today was along a bluff.  Most of the hike the drop was covered by tall plants so I couldn't see.  There were a few lookout places along the trail.  I went closer to the edge than normal because I am slowly facing parts of my fear (granted I was still chickened out on the ladder at one of the light houses).  So I am happy for small improvements on facing my fear.






9) Daisies and Lavender- Daisies are my favorite flowers and lavender is my favorite smell.  There was a delightful little place that had both.  It also had a little art garden as well.  This picture of the daisies reminds me of how I would like my gravestone to look.  








10) Loganberry Pie-  So I am not a pie person.  If someone offers me pie I generally say "no" because I don't like pie, specifically I don't like the crust.  I had the best fresh loganberry pie today.  I think it may have been one of the best 3 pies I have ever had.  ALL of it was good (the crust too)






No comments:

Post a Comment