Saturday, July 18, 2009

choices

Today there were a few things that brought a smile to my soul. :) The first was the joy of some real good food. I had a nectarine today, it was just so juicy and delicious. It is one of my favorite fruits and what a smile it gave me to have such a delicious one, when I haven't had one in so long. I would say that they remind me of summertime (good thing it is summertime). They almost remind me of being carefree and youthful.
I also smiled today to see service given to one of my friends. To see people I know and don't know helping another out. To be able, willing and doing. We were never meant to make it through this life alone. We need help. We need help from those around us. We need help from the Lord. It is vital that we serve others, but it is equally vital that we let others serve us.
The last thing that made me smile today was my gratitude for the ability to make choices. That my life is not set out before me. You will have this career, you will be married to this man, you will have 2.6 kids and 3 cats. No that is not how it is. I have the ability to choose. We all have the ability to choose. We have the ability to make choices between two equally good things, and though we may not know the exact outcome we are able to choose. We are able to choose between a good and an evil. We are able to choose between a lot of goods. We are here to make choices and we can make choices. What a blessing. My life is not spelled out for me, I can choose. I do have to deal with the consequences of my choices, but that just means all the more incentive to strive and make the better ones :) I am so grateful that I can chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment