Sunday, July 19, 2009

Simple things

I think that a lot of things that can bring joy to life are the small simple things of daily life. Today was not an incredible amazing day but there were things that made me smile. Small things that make a difference. I was driving to church today and thought I saw a friend so I quickly called to say "hello, was that you I just saw." At church today the speaker needed water and was coughing so someone got up, walked out and returned with a cup of water for him. At home I got to take a Sunday nap, what a joy it is to have a day of rest. I love cooking and especially with fresh vegetables, so what a nice thing it is to make a simple delicious dinner. I love good books and weather (I like the rain, the wind, the nice sun, not the too hot sun :) the snow) so it was nice to be outside reading a good book in the wind tonight. I saw a couple walking today and it made me smile, husband and wife with a kid in a stroller and a dog on a leash. It made me smile, it made me smile because I want that one day. I love Sunday walks. I had an answer to my simple prayers immediately after I finished praying. These are not big things, they are all small and simple but they all made me happy. Life is not always grand and exquisite but it is good.

1 comment:

  1. I got a smile today as I watched 2 different families of birds care for their noe grown young.The "babies" were as big as their parents' and were able to fly with them, but had not learned how to find there own food yet. One was a family of flickers the other was a family of sparrows. Both sets of parents fed their young but also showed them how to look themselves. So patient just like our Father.

    ReplyDelete